Founders Meg and Zenta Tanaka and the CIBI team will be at Walsh Street for a slow day of homestyle Japanese food and philosophy. Sip on matcha while we demonstrate organic stone fruit drying in the courtyard sunshine, in the style of ume, Japanese sour plum. Join in the conversation, taste and learn!
CIBI is a lifestyle concept store that seeks happiness in design, food and space, everyday at their Melbourne and Tokyo stores. Japanese sensibilities and their evolving Australian lifestyles are combined to create a warm and welcoming world. Above all else, it should appeal to the three driving elements that drive CIBI; head, hands and heart.
Exhibition admission is included in your ticket.
This activity is generously supported by CIBI.
Tickets: SOLD OUT
Thank you to our program partners NMBW Architecture Studio, CIBI, MPavilion, MADA, Monash University, Australian Tapestry Workshop, RMIT Design Archives, State Library of Victoria, Mainroad Marketing, Konpira Maru Wines, Four Pillars Gin and Molly Rose Brewing.
Before your visit, please note:
– Attendees must be 16 years and over.
– No external food or drink is permitted.
– Large bags and backpacks will need to be checked in at entry.
– Stiletto or pointed heels are not permitted due to our cork flooring.
– Tickets are refundable up to 72 hours prior to the event.
– Tickets may be exchanged as long as the purchaser advises us of the new attendee’s name via email.
Image: Ume drying in Okayama. Courtesy of CIBI.