- This event has passed.
Sunset Cocktails at Walsh Street: Fri 13May at 6pm
Fri May 13th @ 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm$95.00
Robin Boyd’s iconic Walsh Street residence was one of Melbourne’s hot-ticket party houses in the 1960’s. Now you can experience this modernist masterpiece as the dusk light dances across this unique architectural backdrop. On this informal tour, our guides will share anecdotes of parties past, as our mixologists serve signature 60’s inspired cocktails.
Robin and Patricia Boyd’s reputation for hosting was greatly admired and appreciated by Melbourne’s young & burgeoning creative establishment in the 1960’s. Designed to compliment their bohemian lifestyle, with its floating salon and private central courtyard, Walsh Street lent itself to sophisticated entertainment. And the Boyd children, not always seen and heard in their own glass-fronted rear pavilion, were often enthralled spectators.
The Robin Boyd Foundation, in conjunction with Four Pillars Gin and Haus of Fraser, have curated some signature cocktails (and mocktails) for this unique experience. Consider making a special night of it – stop in for a unique sunset cocktail experience, then head out, perhaps rediscovering your favourite Melbourne restaurant.
The event includes:
- Guided welcome and introduction to Robin Boyd’s Walsh Street house
- Up to 3 signature cocktail or mocktail drinks per attendee
- Shared food platters, intended as a pre-dinner snack – please note not all dietary requirements may be catered for
- Opportunity to explore the house at your leisure, photography permitted
Terms & conditions:
- No children permitted, all attendees must be 18 years an over and ID will check at the door
- We will enforce responsible service of alcohol
- Pointed heeled shoes must be removed before walking on cork surfaces
- Please follow safety instructions provided by our guides
- Compliance with Victorian Public Health orders and the Foundation’s Covid-safe plan in place on the date of the event.
This is the first of a season of Sunset Cocktail tours we plan to host through Autumn and Spring. If you are interested in booking a private event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org