In the 60s an invitation from Robin and Patricia Boyd to Walsh Street was one of the most coveted invitations in Melbourne. For the leading members of Melbourne’s arts and cultural community it was a special place to meet, discuss and dine. The house was designed to be enjoyed.
We have a number of partnership levels which offer ways to experience Walsh Street, from cocktail parties and dinners to planning days and other events. Please enquire about event proposals you may have and we can discuss the partnership options and let you know if Walsh Street would be suitable.
All proceeds from events support Walsh Street running costs and Foundation Programming.
To find out more or to check availability for an event,
please fill in the form opposite.
Before making your enquiry, please familiarise yourself with
some of the house considerations and restrictions. These are
in place to help us care for this iconic house and may make
the venue unsuitable for your event.
- Catering can only be provided by one of our two catering
partners, who are familiar with the house and kitchen.
- No stiletto shoes permitted due to cork flooring.
- Photographs taken should be used for souvenir purposes
only, and not for publication.
- The glass inside the house is float glass and cannot be leaned
upon as it will break. As the host, it is your responsibility
to make all guests aware of this when inviting them to your event.
- There are no handrails on either side of the deck.
There is also no handrail on the left of the stairs.
- You are visiting the House and garden at your own risk.